Beijing to Manchester
Chengdu to Manchester
*Prices have been available for round trips within last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees for other optional service may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply. Prices are round-trip and taxes included.
Birthplace of world-renowned bands, from The Smiths to Oasis, this city is both lively and progressive. The local Mancunians are certainly a proud bunch and with good reason – their city is rich in history and culture, with plenty of exciting museums, galleries and art centres. If you’re looking to dine, drink and dance there aren’t many better destinations.
What to Do in Manchester
- Visit the state-of-the-art Museum of Science and Industry and explore Manchester’s rich industrial past.
- Explore Manchester Art Gallery for a collection of British art and be sure to stop by the older wing, where there are 37 Turner watercolours, as well as masterpieces courtesy of Lucian Freud and David Hockney.
- Granada Studios is home to the set of the world’s longest-running soap – Coronation Street – and is well worth a tour.
- Visit John Rylands Library – more of a cathedral with books than a library.
- Nothing beats the Imperial War Museum North for a lesson on warfare.
Manchester Travel Tips
It’s best to go in summer, although you should still be prepared for England’s famous overcast weather. It’s very easy to get around – the buses of the Metroshuttle offer a free service via three different routes at the heart of Manchester. Prepare yourself for history and culture in a unique, progressive city and book your Manchester flights with Hainan Airlines.