This fun-loving, artistic town on the prairie is known throughout America for being both progressive and prosperous. Filled with decorated art museums and gardens, the town also has a rugged edge that can be found in the rock clubs and edgy theatres. If you’re looking for a wholesome taste of Happy America, stick to the signposted attractions and be sure to sample the variety of fine organic and ethnic eateries.
What to Do in Minneapolis
- The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is a lovely 19-acre green space scattered with contemporary works and flowerbeds – very inviting for a stroll.
- Check out the Weisman Art Museum, a stunning silver structure designed by architect Frank Gehry.
- The modern Walker Art Center houses a collection of 20th-century art and photography.
- Head to Valleyfair for an exhilarating full-scale amusement park, southwest of Minneapolis, which even has its own animatronic dinosaur park.
- Visit the Endless Bridge, a cantilevered walkway that overlooks the Mississippi River in the gleaming blue Guthrie Theater.
Minneapolis Travel Tips
The best time to book your Minneapolis flights for is probably summer. You can get around Minneapolis by bicycle; in fact, it’s known for being the best bike city in the US, with a convenient bikeshare program that mobilises 1800 lime-green bikes from 200 self-serve kiosks. There are also yellow cabs and trains – the Metro Transit runs downtown and to the Mall of America.