Beyond the famous fantasy worlds of Disney and Universal, Orlando offers plenty of culture downtown in the city itself, with its tree-lined neighbourhoods, galleries, museums and nature reserves. There you’ll find fine cuisine and a slower pace of life, outside of the glittering theme parks.
What to Do in Orlando
- Universal Orlando Resort offers everything from high-octane rides and children’s attractions to entertaining shows.
- Walt Disney World features four contained theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.
- Explore the grand Orlando Museum of Art, a centre for arts, events and classes, which celebrates great local artists and regional work, as well as live music.
- Visit the Orlando Science Center and learn about dinosaurs, the human body and the solar system, with great exhibitions tailored for children.
- Wander through Harry P. Leu Gardens and stroll amongst the camellias, roses and orange groves, or even indulge in a lakeside picnic.
Orlando Travel Tips
Travellers say that winter is the best time to book your Orlando flights for, although it’s great any time of year. Orlando is a happening city with a lively bar and restaurant scene. Winter and spring bring cool weather, whereas summer can be a little humid and busy. Most travellers avoid American Spring Break holidays. If you’re travelling with children, Fantasyland and Legoland offer fun storybook rides and are usually less crowded, without the added special effects.